- The float data type is a single-precision 32-bit IEEE 754 floating point.
- Float is mainly used to save memory in large arrays of floating point numbers.
- Default value is 0.0f.
- The float data type is never used for precise values such as currency.
- Example: float f1 = 234.5f
- The double data type is a double-precision 64-bit IEEE 754 floating point.
- This data type is generally used as the default data type for decimal values.
- The double data type should never be used for precise values such as currency.
- The default value is 0.0d.
- Example: double d1 = 123.4